When uptime, high performance and throughput are critical, the Videojet DataFlex 6420 Thermal Transfer Overprinter provides high speed printing for flexible packaging applications. The 6420 is available in two print widths, 53 mm and 107 mm, to meet your specific application needs. The 53 mm format is ideal for a range of flexible packaging applications including ultrafast horizontal form fill seal applications with throughput up to 400 packs/min. When coding applications require a significant amount of content, such as ingredient lists and traceability information, the 107 mm format offers the ideal wide format capability.
- A patented and proven clutchless ribbon drive maintains optimal ribbon tension and virtually eliminates maintenance-related downtime
- Maximum ribbon length of 1200 m (3937 ft) extends time between ribbon change
- 0.5 mm (0.02 in) print gap translates to more codes per ribbon roll
- A range of ribbon saving features, such as interleaved and radial printing, can increase ribbon utilization by at least two times
- Up to 400 packs/min for high throughput applications
- Operates as a standalone printer using color touchscreen interface for simple operation
- Intuitive CLARITY™ 8.4 inch color touchscreen makes set-ups fast and easy with fewer errors
- Integrate with PLCs or factory management systems for centralized print control help eliminating errors
- Full printer control from your packaging machine interface using the printer’s web browser functionality to simplify operation
- A single DataFlex 6420 can control and coordinate printing on up to four printers using the built in master/follower functionality
- Advanced coder software virtually eliminates code set-up errors
- CLARISOFT® code design software prevents incorrect printed dates, missed codes and costly production rework.